Virgin Orbit National Systems (previously known as VOX Space) provides the national security community of the USA and allied nations with responsive, dedicated, and affordable launch services for small satellites bound for Low Earth Orbit. Headquartered in El Segundo, California, Virgin Orbit National Systems can provide study, analysis, integration, and launch services using Virgin Orbit's LauncherOne, while ensuring our customer’s critical information is protected.
Virgin Orbit National Systems is seeking an experienced integrated program management lead to create and analyze an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and multi-project schedules. The candidate will possess strong problem solving skills as well as implementation skills to help guide a team in creating and standardizing good project planning, scheduling and execution disciplines. The candidate will team with Business Manager and Department Managers to address and solve scheduling matters, resource conflicts, and implementation of new strategies for schedule enhancements. This is a full-time position at Virgin Orbit National System’s facility in El Segundo, California.
• Organize, integrate, implement, and maintain LauncherOne multi-layered program schedule using Microsoft Project.
• The Scheduling Integrator is responsible for ensuring alignment between factory production schedules as loaded within the enterprise Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system and all Program / Product Line Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) milestone deliverables
• The Integrator partners with Scheduling, Material Planning, Manufacturing, and Program Management leadership to develop integrated schedules and build plan strategies required to achieve contracted deliverables / production rates
• Provide leadership over a team of planners for engineering, manufacturing, facilities, and logistics
• Continuously evaluate the engineering and manufacturing planned vs. executed schedules for improvement and refinement
• Ability to communicate with executive leadership and high level customers to solve complex and high priority issues
• Work across the larger enterprises of Virgin Orbit, Virgin Orbit National Systems, and the government to collaborate on programs
• Provide input to company/facility changes to help us scale our production
• Lead the preparation, development, coordination, and design of integrated plans and schedules to meet all business and project/program execution objectives.
• Develop and execute the strategy for integrating plans and schedules.
• Recommend integrated scheduling best practices, processes, techniques and tools to management.
• Improve methods and approaches for schedule-related risk and opportunity analysis, as well as critical path analysis.
• Lead the integration and schedule impact analysis of multifaceted schedule changes.
• Analyze and manage tasks to ensure satisfactory realization of project requirements as scheduled.
• Log project time-lines and maintain database of tasks and its status.
• Log all new information into database and provide scheduled reports for Department coordination and reporting purposes.
• Interact with Business Manager, Program Manager, and Department Managers to coordinate assignments.
• Interact with Department Managers to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
• Evaluate project schedule progress and performance, and identify developing problem areas.
• Analyze critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
• Analyze risks affecting project costs and schedules.
• Support Department Managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes, procedures, and systems.
• Assist team to develop and maintain weekly and monthly status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
• Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
• Create project dashboards based on updates from the project team.
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
• 8 years of Aerospace project management experience.
• 6+ years managing Aerospace project schedules, tasks, and budgets.
• Strong Research and Development and Manufacturing experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field.
• Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
• Strong administration/time management skills.
• Demonstrated mastery of Microsoft Project and Microsoft Excel.
• Strong leadership experience for teams of planners
• Experience in planning in an agile, fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Experience in being directly involved in the Six Sigma process for continuous improvement
• Experience in complex transportation logistics with personnel, flight hardware, and support equipment
• Experience in helping a manufacturing line scale in production capability
Suggestions for Education/Certifications
• PMI certification (PMP, CAPM, or PMI-SP) a plus.
• Strong analytical skills.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men.
Virgin Orbit National Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.