VOX Space, LLC is a US-incorporated, wholly-owned subsidiary of Virgin Orbit, LLC. VOX Space provides the national security community of the USA and allied nations with responsive, dedicated, and affordable launch services for small satellites bound for Low Earth Orbit. Headquartered in El Segundo, California, VOX Space can provide study, analysis, integration, and launch services using Virgin Orbit's LauncherOne, while ensuring our customer’s critical information is protected.
VOX Space is seeking a Director of Strategy and Business Development. S/he will be responsible for outlining, developing and securing business opportunities that result in launch services as well as engineering and analysis services, sales, and revenue. This position is responsible for identifying programs, opportunities and subsequent action plans that represent significant growth potential for VOX Space. The Director of Strategy and Business Development will develop relationships across the industry including government, customers, decision makers, subcontractors and teammates with a goal of maximizing awareness of LauncherOne’s capabilities and value proposition. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at VOX Spaces’ facility in El Segundo, California. However, consideration will be made for an outstanding candidate who wishes to reside in the National Capital Region and commute to El Segundo.
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
• Minimum of 10 years professional relevant working experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry.
• Minimum of 30% travel will be required for this role.
• Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
• Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
• Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
• Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too...
• Graduate Degree (M.S. in Science/Engineering or M.B.A) strongly preferred.
• Cognizance and understanding DoD and IC space systems, architectures, acquisition processes and evolving space defense and resilience.
• Demonstrated ability to source and close sales. Must have excellent communication skills and be able to present complex technology and business value proposals to executive and middle management of the customer community. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
• Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
• Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’
Physical and/or Additional Requirements:
Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed.
Domestic and International travel will be required for this role. Candidate will require a valid passport.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
Position requires you have a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been completed within the last 5 years.
The VOX Space organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door,” be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. A sense of humor doesn’t hurt. You will be helping VOX Space grow, so you will be flexible in day-to-day work assignments. You will work well under customer time pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have the highest level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
VOX Space is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with VOX Space is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.