At Virgin Orbit, we launch the small satellite revolution, accessing space for missions that were previously unimaginable and fostering new ideas and technologies to create a truly spacefaring civilization. We deliver Virgin’s legendary customer service by pairing technological advancements with a clear focus on our customers’ needs. We build a workplace and a workforce for the future, knowing that our decisions and investments of today will launch the industries of tomorrow. We engage a diverse and inclusive community of dreamers and achievers in a shared mission to access space to improve life on Earth. At Virgin Orbit, we boost imagination. Search all of our job openings on our career portal.
Virgin Orbit (VO) is seeking a new member for our team to serve as a Production Supervisor covering all composite manufacturing on 2nd shift. If you join us in this position, you should have a thorough understanding of lamination, structural bonding processes, and tools for composite assembly. Includuing company and industry standards and practices for the LauncherOne small satellite launch program. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position at our rocket factory in beautiful Long Beach, California.
If you want to join us, you’d better have all of these…
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a supervisory role is required
• Prior experience as a Production Supervisor is required
• Must be willing to work 2nd Shift (2:00-10:30pm)
• Experience working with MS Office & ERP systems
• Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
• Ability to add something unique and positive to our team
• Generally high level of all-around awesomeness
• Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as well as weekends when needed
• Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
• Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
• Physically able to handle items weighing up to 25lbs (unassisted)
• Valid CA driver’s license required with clean driving record
… and you should probably have a bunch of these, too...
• Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or automotive is preferred
• Passion for space exploration and a firm belief in the utility of affordable access to space
• Ability to thrive as a ‘one person team’
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Our idea of a happy life: build rockets, work with brilliant people, serve purposeful customers, and open access to space. Sir Richard Branson’s belief is “If you get the perfect mix of people working for your company, you have a far greater chance of success.” From the very start, we have placed top priority on growing and fostering a team of creative, diverse, and talented women and men. In the words of Sir Richard Branson “We believe it’s better to have a hole in your team than an asshole in your team!”
Search all of our job openings— www.VirginOrbit.com
Virgin Orbit is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Orbit is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.